Join the growing team at A and M Electric, LLC! A veteran-owned company, A and M Electric provides a great team environment to work in. See open positions below.
An electrical foreman is a specialist who properly installs, repairs and maintains electric systems and power lines. They conduct regular inspections to make sure that all the required supplies, materials and equipment are available and working as intended. An electrical foreman is responsible for planning, supervising, and performing industrial, commercial and residential electrical and electronic installation and repair work. Regularly works on tasks that are varied and complex. Applies full range of specialized skills and job knowledge; frequently adapts procedures, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment to meet specialized needs; may serve as lead; performs broad and/or focused assignments under general supervision; originality and ingenuity are often required to help establish procedures in functional area; relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED; 3 years of related experience including supervisory or lead experience and considerable experience as a journeyman electrician or any equivalent combination of training and experience. Excellent communication skills.
Planning, installing, and maintaining all phases of electrical work relating to building construction and equipment repair; interpreting electrical construction blueprints; using metering and motor testing equipment; installing and maintaining control panels, relays, and alarm and detection devices for high and low voltage equipment; developing material and equipment cost estimates for electrical projects; evaluating electrical specifications and performance criteria.
Physical ability to: lift and carry items weighing up to 60 pounds; climb ladders, crawl, bend, stoop, work in awkward positions for several hours at a time, and work in hot, muddy, and wet conditions; work during inclement weather.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction and repair of buildings or other structures
- Communication skills to convey information to others effectively
- Ability to successfully organize, plan and prioritize work
- Thorough knowledge of the practices, methods, equipment, materials, and tools of the electrical trade.
- Thorough knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions of the work.
- Ability to supervise the work of skilled workers.
- Considerable knowledge of the National Electrical Code for electrical installations.
- Ability to interpret and work from instructions, penciled plans and sketches, and blueprints.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate with superiors, subordinates, vendors and client personnel.
- Ability to estimate materials and labor costs.
- Skill in the use and care of all hand and shop tools and equipment of the electrician’s trade.
Plans, supervises, and performs all phases of installation, maintenance, repair and inspection of electrical systems and service work in new or remodeled facilities. Performs cost estimates and projections for electrical projects; reviews and upgrades electrical systems; evaluates electrical procedures; meets with design engineers to ensure electrical needs are met; reviews electrical and contract specifications and performance criteria.
Solicits and evaluates bids from private contractors; recommends and coordinates bid selections; writes purchase requests; interprets electrical blueprints; hires and trains staff; schedules and adjusts workload and evaluates performance; orders and maintains electrical parts.
Ability to supervise the work of skilled workers.
Enforces safety regulations, rules, and working conditions.
Recruits and trains personnel in the safe operation of equipment and tools